Domain branding begins with one of the most important things – your domain name! Nowadays, individuals directly type in your domain to search rather than reach you through some other mediums, for example, search engines.
But, it’s no wonder organizations today find it more difficult to discover a domain brand that they want to buy.
Choosing a right domain brand for your website is very important in several ways. So you should consider the following things while selecting it.
Domain Branding Considerations
- Your domain brand should be easily spelled. If it is complicated or too long, then it would be more difficult for individuals to link your brand name to your domain, which makes them difficult to find you over the internet.
- Your domain brand name should be memorable. If it can’t be recalled, then it can’t be typed in any web browser. If it can’t be typed in any browser successfully and frequently, then your online business shrivels.
- Your domain brand name should be relevant to your online business.
- In your domain brand, try to avoid words or phrases that individuals can easily misspell.
- Try to purchase as many variations of your domain as possible. It prevents your competitors getting them and even allows you to get more prospective clients who type in your domain brand name incorrectly and you can redirect them to your main website.
- Try to register your domain with a combination of popular keywords that individuals are searching so that search engines show your website when they search for them again.
Similarly, as important as focusing on things, which make your domain name branding a success; you should also focus on what to avoid when doing domain branding for your business.
- Avoid grammatical mistakes and intentional misspellings of a common domain brand. Just because you have incorrectly spelled, it does not mean that you could dodge trademark infringements.
- Do not make various plans for your business name until you have a specific domain brand in your hand and enlisted to you.
- Stay away from trademarks of different organizations, even if they do not have the same name web brand in use.
- Do not use hyphens and numbers in your domain brand name because it may mislead your clients. For example, if you have numeric 5 in your domain, a client may type five and land on another website.
Looking for a short, simple, memorable, and a unique domain name? You can find fantastic deals on BookMyIdentity, one of the most trusted ICANN accredited registrars in the market of domain brand names.
Its experienced team would help you find an excellent domain name for your business that would create enduring success for your brand. It has catchy, memorable, and unique domain brand names for you to choose from, so you could easily appeal to your business brand’s target audiences and even attract new customers.
Call FREE on 1800 2744 333 between Monday-Friday, 9 am till 6 pm for more details!